Pages

A Valentine of Kisses

I saw a sketch on the Clean and Simple Stamping site and wanted to give it a try.  Here's a card that is a break from my normal.  It is what I'm calling an over-sized envelope card.  The personal message is securely tucked in the envelope and the envelope is adhered to a white cardstock mat.




The sentiment is actually portions of three different stamps from Close To My Heart.  The "&" symbol is from "The Works Alphabet."  I also pulled words off two stamps sets from the "You Are My Happy" stamp set.  A little strategic inking was all that was needed to "weld" these words together and give the appearance of one stamped sentiment.




The above picture is how it looks with the personal message removed from the envelope.  The kisses really do appear to be tumbling from the envelope.  I like it so much that this just might be the card to give my husband this year.  :-)

I lined the pre-made envelope with some old red cardstock that I got at least twelve years ago in another state.  It has flecks of other colors in it and I just really like the richness and depth of red.  (Sadly, it is one of the few remaining scraps I have left.  Do you ever feel a little sad when you've about used up some of your favorite paper?  :-) 

And CTMH's Vineyard Berry and Cocoa inks joined in on the stamping fun.  :-)


Here's what the original sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping looked like:




To change things up and yet still hold true to the sketch, I flipped the image and used kisses in the place of the circles.  :-)


Thanks for stopping by to take a look!
Blessings,
Brenda

2 comments:

Ruby Sunshine said...

I really enjoy your spin! I like the kisses how fun is that but I like the one you saw something so different but yet there the same! Great work and fun golly that size it could be used ever year with a new note even framed with no glass and sat out on the counter to enjoy!

Treva said...

Like your take on the sketch, great idea to include the personal message!