Pages

Sometimes a Little White adds SO Much

I was playing around with my white gel pen today on Kraft-colored cardstock and came up with this 4" x 5 1/2" card:




I used CTMH's Barn Red ink for the "Joyful Birthday" sentiment and a few other clear stamps (also from CTMH).

Several pewter-toned brads and a little Slate ink at the bottom of the sentiment add another color of interest.  But it is the white gel pen that steals the show.  A bit of white ribbon (tied in the basic bookmark fashion) completed the look.


I have been so busy with other things lately, I just haven't had much time to play in my craft room.  I look forward to taking some time to look on your blogs and see your latest inspiration, too.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I appreciate you!


Blessings,
Brenda

9 comments:

Deb Fortin said...

a very lovely card. and yes the white does steal the show. can you tell me the brand of pen you use ? I have two and neither seems to be a solid white, and what stamp set for those pretty flowers
thanks

tjhubner said...

Wow, how pretty this card is. Your right that white gel pen really took it to another place. Love how you ran the flowers across the page, so pretty. Hugs Mom

tjhubner said...

Thank you for the nice words. :-) The gel pen is "Gelly Roll 08" and the stamp sets are CC1025 "You Are My Happy" and D1222 "Tiny Typewriter Alphabet"--though any small alpha stamp set with an asterisk (for the mini flower) and a dot will easily work. :-) -B

Jane O'Leary said...

wow this is just stunning. I love your blog, it is always a treat to come see what other lovelies you are creating. thanks again for sharing

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! Love how the white just pops!

Ruby Sunshine said...

What a great card girl! Way to go! Don't laugh at me but you must show me how to do the bookmark ribbon thing! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I would never laugh at you. Now I might laugh with you, friend, but never at you. And not even about the bookmark thing. Hugs! :-) -B

Stacy said...

love the card. I love the way the white really stands out.

Kathleen said...

OMG what a lovely look! That white pen is super and I am in awe of this card!!