Pages

Candle Birthday Card

True, I used a retired candle stamp (Candlelight) to make this card, but you can easily make your own candle by stamping a playful background with fun ink, cutting it into a candle shape, and adding a flame.  :-)


Lately, I've been drawn to this retired paper.  Maybe it's the colors, pattern or both--I do not know.  I simply smile when I look at it, and so I knew this paper was going to be part of my next card.




A card doesn't need to be complicated to make an impact.  Sometimes simple does the trick.  I cut a piece of 5 1/8 x 3 7/8 patterned paper (Animal Cookie)--to fit inside the white frame.  Then I cut it once more, about 1 3/4" from the bottom (if my memory serves me right), and flipped the bottom portion over to reveal the pattern on the opposite side.

CTMH's "Card Chatter--Birthday" stamp set was used for the card front and inside sentiments.




A little MS glitter glue highlights the flame juuuuust right.  By the way, the stamp didn't have a wick, so I just drew one with a marker to attach the flame and candle before cutting it out.  Then I mounted it with 3-D foam tape for added dimension.


Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Brenda

No comments: