Pages

How to Mask with Vellum

I'm calling this card, "Bamboo Delight."  It seems I just can't get through the month without using the color Bamboo, CTMH. This card I started over the Christmas holiday, when I stamped the image using my daughter's stamp. I finally have worked it up into a card. I used Bamboo ink to stamp the image and with my chalks colored it in.  
 
 
 
 
I used the Cuddlebug to dry emboss the Bamboo cardstock. Using the CTMH Cricut cartridge "Artiste" (page 80), I cut out the Accent 3 image of the lacy circle.  
 
 
 

Here's a close-up of the "sun" behind the tall grass.  I used a simple masking technique.
I set a small circle in the center to mask for the sun and then using light yellow, orange, and then red and blue working in a circle colored it in oh so very lightly. 


Blog invasion alert: I've done it again.  I've crashed mom's blog post to share something with all of you.  Since I have the "Intrinsic Background" stamp set at my house, I thought I'd stamp it in bamboo and show a picture or two of the technique up close.  :-)


 
 
There are several easy ways to mask.  This one involves vellum.
 
 
 
 
Punch out a circle using a scrap of vellum.  Since vellum is "see-through," you can now position your vellum circle mask over the exact spot on your card that you wish to chalk around.
 
How cool is that?!!  :-)
 
 
 
 
Softly chalk around the vellum--even going onto the vellum to get really close to the edge of the circle.  (Once you remove the vellum, the circle "sun" will shine clean and clear.)
 
 
Thanks for letting me crash the post, friends.  My mom and I sure enjoy having you for a visit!





Thanks for stopping by!  Sending Smiles, Joanie
(and Brenda, too)  :-)

3 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

I love your collaborative posts! And I love Bamboo too....just had to order some more. Great technique, love how it softens things, and I'm loving your new blog header ladies!

tjhubner said...

Thanks, Miriam. :-) We're having fun and I don't understand why we didn't think to do it this way in the first place. :-) -Brenda

luv2srap said...

You guys are so funny! This is a great idea to use a stamp to make a fun new effect. I can not wait to try it.