Pages

Operation: U.U.S. (Use Up Scraps!)

I'm happy to say I'm really pushing to use my scraps.  Here's a card I made using some MME scraps and embellishments.


 
 
A very special birthday card for a sweet friend I've been blessed to know for several years now.  She's a scrapbooker and has a talent for collage-style layouts.  I've tried-----I mean really, really tried-----to break out of my norm and attempt a collage-style card.
 
 
 
 
Torn paper, cut paper, banner-cut pieces, mis-matched patterns and colors...anchored with stitching so it looks like it belongs.  Fun to do but didn't come naturally.  Perhaps if I play with this style more...
 
 
 
 
Paper scraps are a given for most paper crafters.  But what do you do with that one lonely brad or eyelit you've got leftover from another project?  Here's what I did with this butterfly.  It's not so lonely anymore!
 
 
 
 
No stamping on this card.  This sentiment was part of the patterned paper scraps.  I just cut it out mounted the sqaure on foam tape, and highlighted "SWEET" with some MS glitter glue.  Easy peasy!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by to take a look!  I hope you leave inspired to use up some of your scraps.  :-)
 
Blessings,
Brenda




4 comments:

tjhubner said...

What a great way to use those scraps that are small. Very clever and creative. Great use of all the colors too. Hugs Mom

Miriam Prantner said...

Fantastic scrap card! I love the scraps and the stitching. If you hadn't told me, I wouldn't have known it was just scraps.

luv2srap said...

Love this card! It. All is so random but it all fits! I have a hard time with this style also.

Ruby Sunshine said...

FUN! This is a great all around one again! Thanks for the idea!