Pages

How to Make a Blintz Fold Card


I had these CTMH Die - Cut cards and envelopes that I hadn't used yet.  The size of the card was a little challenging for me.  (31/2 x 8").  Finally came up with something that I liked using this elongated card.  I again I used the Florentine paper packet with Twilight ink.  The stamp set Live Your Style, (CTMH) was used. There size fit perfectly for this project.   The blintz fold was used to give each little element some dimension.  If you need help with this fold let me know in the comments and I will be happy to post the  directions.





The size of paper used to make the Blintz Fold on the Florentine card was 2 3/4".  The fold starts with a square piece of paper folded in half both ways.  This gives you the guide lines that you use to fold your points into the center.  Once all points are folded inward you now fold them outward.  How far you want your points to extend over the square is your preference.  I in my card extended them over the base square.   Thanks for your comments, always appreciated.

Thanks so much for coming by my blog today....have a great crafting weekend.....with a smile :-)........Joanie

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my this card is beautiful. This paper would make a beautiful quilt.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

I love your card and the special fold you used. Can you post the dimensions and directions when you get a chance please. I love how it frames the stamped images so well! Beautivul work!
:)

Kristine Porter said...

Oh my goodness! This card is as cute as can be! Love it!!

Lynn said...

so pretty with the fancy folds! Love that idea.

Marg Van Patten said...

Really appreciate the tutorial. You sure know how to work that Florentine paper ... lovely card!