Pages

I Wish... (A Card that Opens up a Little Differently)

Today I am missing my mom.  Sure, I can talk to her on the telephone almost anytime.  But I want to spend the day with her.

This card is for you, Mom.  I love you!


 
 
I also wish I'd remembered to wipe my fingers before adhering the Colonial white card to the base.  I found three, yes, three, ink smudges on the face of this card.  Part of me is hoping you can't see them.  Then, another part of me is glad for them.  It's a way to say, "Hey!  Learn from my mistakes so you won't have to make them."  :-)
 
 

 
 
Here's a second picture at a slightly different angle so you can see how it opens in the middle.  I know this might not meet CAS (Clean and Simple) requirements to some, but I think it does.  :-)




I couldn't wait to deliver the card, so I thought I'd post the inside so you can read it here, first, Mom.

Friends.  Do you have a special mom or friend that deserves a card today?  Don't delay.  :-)




This card just happens to use Juniper and Creme Brulee--two yummy CTMH colors picked for this Color My Heart Color Dare




It also has a "creature" of the air on it--which is a requirement for the Creature Feature at Heart 2 Heart.  I hope these ladies don't mind me combining both challenges for one card.  It just worked, ya know?  :-)


Thanks for stopping by to look!
Keep your fingers clean,
Brenda

Oops!  I forgot to mention that I used CTMH's "A Rainbow" and "Tiny Typewriter Alphabet" stamps and Chocolate ink and cardstock with this card.  :-)

8 comments:

Becca-expressions said...

So, so cute. I love the different fold to this. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart this week. We hope you will come back tomorrow for the OWH Memorial Day Weekend Blog Hop.

tjhubner said...

This card makes me tear up. Too cute and love you for it. Yep I wish too. Hugs Mom

Katy said...

How SWEET and the colors (Juniper) is so soothing! Thanks for sharing your story and your card with us this week at H2H.

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Such a sweet card and sentiment. I love how soft and elegant the card looks. Great job and thank you for joining us at H2H this week

canadian_liner said...

Love your CAS card! Love the wistful little bird, the clean design, the card-within-a-card, and especially the message inside. I wish I could craft with your mum (that's how I spell it, also), too! Thanks for linking up your sweet card with Color My Heart this week.

Paige Dolecki said...

Awwww - what a wonderful card and I love what you wrote on the inside. You brought some tears to my eyes. My mom has early onset Alzheimers so I've missed having who she used to be in my life.

Thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at Heart2Heart Challenges this week!

Paige

sarahstone said...

How beautiful Brenda! What a thoughtful and good-looking card! Thanks for playing at Color My Heart this week!

Sarah

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Wonderful card, Brenda! Congratulations on winning this week's Color Dare Diamond! We would love to have you join us as a Guest Designer for a future challenge--are you up for it? Please email me at mflayer at comcast dot net and I will send you more details. Keep creating! :) Marie