How to Make a Pop Up Balloon Card
This card was created entirely from the Cricut. The lettering was from the Plantin SchoolBook and also the grass on the front of the card. The balloon's and flowers are from the Stretch your Imagination cartridge. Savannah's favorite color is purple so that explains the color of the card.
To create the inside of this card, you will need to:
- begin with a 10 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock.
- Insert the paper into the paper trimmer so that the cardstock reaches the 10 1/2 mark on the extended ruler.
- Slide the paper down to the 4 1/4" mark. Score your first line.
- Slide the paper 1/2" back to the 4 3/4" mark. Score your second line.
- Slide the paper 1/2" back to the 5 1/4" mark. Score your third line.
- Slide the paper 1/2" back to the 5 3/4" mark. Score your fourth line.
- Slide the paper one last time to the 6 1/4" mark. Score your last line.
Got that? Five score lines. You're going to sandwich your flying balloons. But before you get to that part, you'll need to fold along your score lines.
Do Valley, Mountain, Valley, Mountain, and Valley folds. Done correctly, your card now closes into a normal/standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card.
Open the card. Flip it over. If you've done this correctly, your scored lines look like a letter "W" from the side. Run tacky tape to stick the folds together so that the folds disappear and make it look like a normal card. Flip it back over. The inside of the card should now have folds sticking up in the shape of a letter "V."
Cut thin 1/8" strips of acetate to attach your balloons to. Attach them to balloons.
Sandwich your acetate strips (with balloons) in the "V" with tacky tape. To do this, lay one strip of tacky tape on one inside "side" of the "V." Lay your clear plastic acetate strips in the tacky tape so the balloons are farthest away from the tape. Add a second length of tacky tape--this time to the other inside "side" of the "V." Close the "V" to sandwich the acetate and create the "stand" for your balloons.
At this point. Close your card. Now open your card. When it opens, the strips should stand up in the middle.
Thank you for stopping by today, Hope all is well and good with each of you. Have a fun filled crafting weekend. Smile's coming your way. :-) Joanie