Pages

Christmas Triangle Treat Box

I needed a little something for a neat group of ladies, so I took the triangle treat box idea I had used before and made it "Christmasy."  To see my Triangle Treat Box Tutorial, please click here.




A few of the ladies are diabetic.  To be considerate, instead of candy, I gave everyone packets of fruity herbal tea.

I used Olive, Cocoa, Colonial White, and Ruby cardstocks and inks from CTMH to create this triangular box.  The patterned paper is nothing more than a small star inked in Cocoa, a tiny star inked in Olive, and a "." inked in Olive for dots.  (All are from CTMH---------"Tiny Typewriter Alphabet" and "Tag the Occasion"--although any tiny stamps you have for the theme would work.  :-)

The tree stamp was from "Jubilation" and was inked in Olive on Colonial White cardstock.  Then I gave the ornaments a little sparkle with coordinating MS Glitter Glue.

The polka dot "ribon" is simply Cocoa cardstock cut 3/8" and I ran all the pieces for all the treat boxes in one "Swiss Polka Dot" Cuttlebug folder.  Then I quickly swiped each piece with fine sandpaper, cut each 4" strip in half, glued them together, notched the ends, and stuck them to the back of the scalloped circle.


I'm a girl on a budget and I'm happy to report I was able to make ten of these treat boxes (each with three packets of various fruity herbal tea pouches) for just $3.98!  All supplies, including ribbon remnants, were something I'd had handy in my craft room.  (If you've been following along with this blog, you might remember I'm having an Operation U.U.S. (that's Use Up Scraps) kind of Christmas.


I hope this inspires you to spread joy using things you already have in your craft room.
Thanks for taking time to stop by this blog.  Merry Christmas!
Blessings,
Brenda

2 comments:

Ruby Sunshine said...

Super cute! How fun and I love tea don't know many people that don't and what a great idea with all the junk were eating right now anyways!
HUGS!

Miriam Prantner said...

These are so cute! I love that you are using up your scraps still!