Pages

Gears 'n' Metal Male Birthday Card

When I needed twenty manly birthday cards for church, where did I turn?  To the CTMH Artiste Cricut cartridge, of course!  It has several images of gears I thought would work up neat on a card.

Here's what I came up with:


 
 
Cashmere, Slate, Black and White cardstock work together to create this simple card.  The card base, folded, measures just 4" wide (instead of the standard 4 1/4").  Because I set the larger "gear" slightly off the card, I made the card a little slimmer so that it would still fit in a standard envelope.  :-)
 
 
 
 
To give the Slate-colored gear extra pop, I inked the edges with a sponge dauber and swiped across the surface with an inked paint brush.
 
 
 
 
The wrapped "metal" string was easy to do with a paper piercing kit.  I just poked three holes in the fold, threaded the string, tied a knot and the card was done!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Brenda

1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful card! I have not yet used the gear shape from my cricut cartridge, but I love this CAS masculine card, maybe I will have to try it out!