Here's a little boy's birthday card--with a gift card pocket inside.
Black, Cranberry, Honey and White inks and cardstock work together to make a bright birthday card. I used the CTMH stamp sets "Fast and Furious" and "For Every Occasion" on this card.
Wanting dark black tires instead of the slightly faded ones from the stamp, I used the AP Cricut Cartridge and cut two, one inch scallop circles.
Some of the hearts in the dump truck (I call it a load of love) are glittered with MS Glitter Glue.
Here's a look at the inside. Definitely not blank. And there's room for a safe and snug gift card, too.
Making a pocket is super easy.
- Start with a a rectangle that is exactly the size you want.
- Add half an inch to three sides, using a score line between the extra and the pocket front.
- Cut the cardstock.
- Notch the corners so the pocket lays nice and neat.
- Punch a semi-circle at the top of the pocket for easy gift card removal.
- Fold the flaps and adhere the pocket to the card using tacky tape or another strong adhesive.
- Decorate as desired. :-)
Here's a close-up of the pocket I made.
Thanks for stopping by!
That is a really cute little boy card.
Post a Comment