Pages

How to Make a Triangle Treat Box

Cards are wonderful.  Cards are appropriate.  Sometimes, however, we want to do something more.  When a friend is hurting, sometimes she needs prayed for, hugged and a simple gift of chocolate.  :-)


Here's a little treat box I've seen here and there.  I created one that can be made to fit any size.

Just remember this simple rule: Make the lenth twice as long as the width.  The sides will always come together where you need them to.  No guess-work.


 
 
I used up almost the very last of CTMH's Avonlea paper to make this comforting treat box.  I believe the stamp set is something like, "Wishing you Comfort."  It's also CTMH.
 
 
 
 
This is super fast to make.  I made this one by cutting a length of cardstock 4" x 8".  Then I scored it in half.
 
 
 
 
Here's a picture of me marking the middle of the 4" inch sides--with just a little push of the bone folder at the 2" mark.  (I did this on both ends of the paper.)
 
 
 
 
Now you will make four score lines.  Two from each 2" mark you notched with the bone folder.  Look at the picture above.  I positioned the paper in the trimmer so that the 2" mark at one end lines up in the track with the edge of the middle score line.  Then I used my bone folding tool to create a second score line.  I rotated the paper and continued my way around the rectangle to create three more score lines.
 
 






Fold down (mountain folds) along each of the five score lines.  Notice how the triangles come together along the sides.

Punch a hole towards the top of each side.  This will hold the string/ribbon that will keep the treat box closed.




Open it back up and add your chocolate.  (Yes.  It looks a little skimpy.  No, I did not eat the rest.  This was all the chocolate I could find in my daugther's valentine stash to use as an example for the picture.  :-)


 
 
Add your ribbon.  Tie it closed with a cute knot or bow.  Finish decorating and you're done.
 
 
These little treat boxes will work for party favors or even if you work in an office or school.  One of these with a different and appropriate sentiment may be just the encouragement a co-worker needs on a rough day.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Blessings,
Brenda

No comments: