The Clair paper pack was so fun to work with to make this modified "S" fold card.
It looks like a standard 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card at first glance. But it is sooooo much more! I turned this card into what I call a "S" fold, flap with pocket card. (Now that's a mouthful!) :-)
Here's what it looks like after you open the "S" fold.
After the flap is open, you can see inside. What do you think of the pocket?
It holds a piece of cardstock-weight stationary--perfect for writing that personal message (and enough room to hold all the words).
Here's how to make the "S" fold flap card:
1. Begin with a piece of cardstock that is 12" x 5 1/2".
2. Score a line at 1 7/8", 3 3/4", and 8".
3. At the first line (1 7/8"), fold a mountain fold. The other two folds are valley folds. (If you need help understanding what I mean, look at the picture above. See how the first fold on the left looks like it's coming up off the table--kind of like a mountain rises above the land?)
That's really all there is to it. There are only five panels to decorate. The first two are 1 7/8" x 5 1/2". The second panel is the typical 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". And the last two panels are 4" x 5 1/2--intentionally made a little bit shorter in width so the card closes easily. Cut your patterned paper just a little smaller to easily fit inside and leave a little border of the card base peeking through.
To add a simple pocket:
- Measure your pocket front to fit in the desired space--but at 1/2" flaps on three of the four sides.
- Seperate the flaps from the pocket front by runing a score line between them.
- Fold the three flaps under at the score lines.
- Cut a curve out of the pocket, if desired.
- Add tacky tap to the pocket flaps and attach to the card.
- Cut a piece of cardstock to fit inside the pocket.
Thanks for stopping by! :-)
Wow, this S fold is really well done and so pretty. The paper fits the project so well. Keep them coming your creative mojo is flowwwwwing. Hugs MOM
What a fun interactive card! I really love the banner that kind of holds it closed too. Great work!
I love this card! Great little pocket to put money in for a birthday. Thanks for sharing!
LOVE this ... the fold is VERY cool. I WILL be a copy cat :) Can't wait to try!!
Post a Comment