Pages

How to Add Color to an Image Stamped on Vellum

Let's see a show of hands.  How many of you have vellum in your paper stash that you haven't used for some time?  Yeah?  That many of you?  Me, too.

So I decided to "Shop my stash," as Lynn (a friendly blog follower) commented on this blog recently.  And here's what I came up with:


 
 
This is actually a Double Diagonal Pocket Fold Card.  I have another post coming that will show how to make this style of fold card.
 
 
 
 
1.  Stamp your image on vellum with permanent ink so it doesn't smear.
 
2.  Turn your vellum over and color the back side of the image.
 
 
 
 
Trim your vellum and add it to your card.  I added MS Glitter Glue (Smokey Quartz) to the middle.
 
 
 
 
 




Here's the inside of the Double Diagonal Pocket Fold Card.  There are two pockets--with room for a private message, gift card, bookmark, or something more.


(Ink got on the crease of the last little bit of "linen-colored" cardstock from the CTMH "Avonlea" paper packet-------forcing me to get creative and punch out a section of the piece of paper on the far right of the picture.  That's why I have that pull tab on the secret message page.  It's a cover up.  And, hey.  We all have things like that happen, right?  :-)


 
 
I used some metallic DMC thread for the bookmark tassle.  It coordinated with the CTMH Mocha Pearls on the front and the MS Glitter Glue.
 
 
In addition to the "Avonlea" paper pack, I used the "Card Word Puzzle" and "Treasure Life" stamp sets.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
And thanks to Lynn for sharing the clever "Shop your Stash" motto.  I hadn't heard it called that before and thought it was so appropriate and true to what my mom and I regularly do----I just wanted to share it with you.  :-)
 
 
Blessings,
Brenda

1 comment:

Paula said...

Brenda, your card is just beautiful :) I love the coloring on vellum you did. Thanks for showing how it's done!