Pages

Spring Break Inspiration

It's Spring Break for my family and we're spending time together doing all kinds of things that won't bust the bank but bring us joy.  First item on the list is a nap for my hubby--much deserved, I might add.  I've given the children permission to be on the Wii, so that frees me up to pop on here and post something.

My Spring Break Inspiration comes in the form of a whole bunch of pictures of previous art from my old blog.  Why bother with the past?  If you've kept track of what you've made over the years, I'm sure you'll agree that there were favorite projects-----many that could be repeated with fresh paper patterns and new stamps.  I hope you get a kick out of the pictures that follow and are inspired to look back on your own projects that really worked for you--prompting you to remake a few of your favorites.



A handmade basket.  Easy to do.  Just trap the strips between two circle bottoms and weave other strips through.


 
An assortment of cards made with coordinating paper and using the "Wishes" book.  "American Celebration," "Card Chatter--Birthday" and "Jubilation" used here.


 
Original Criss-Cross Fold Card style shown here.  (It's not my invention so "thanks" to the genius who created this fold card.)  :-)

 

 
First card I ever made after getting the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  I remember how thoroughly exciting it was to get that in the mail.  :-) 


 
Traditional Easel Fold Card shown here using Cuddlebug and Brayer (inked tone on tone on Bamboo cardstock).

 
Double Pinwheel Card.  Just make two pinwheels (one a little smaller than the other) and layer the second one over the top.  Super easy.  Really looks cool!
 

 
I cut and pieced patterned paper to create striped paper here.  Another great use for scraps.  :-)
 


 
I had fun putting together this board game using the "A Bowwow" stamp set and some Cricut lettering.  (A little sponging on the "stepping stones" helped add depth to the overall look.)
 

 
Here's my first attempt at the Triple Time Stamping Technique.  Mom described it over the phone and this is my version.  (MS glitter glue added pizzazz to the card.)
 

 
And here's a simple sour cream treat container using CTMH paper.  I crimped the edges with the crimper tool to give it a finished and professional look.
 

 
Here's a masculine basket idea with a coordinating card.  This would be great for a co-worker or boss----nothing big yet it says you remembered.   


 
Here's a flower I made with the CTMH circle punch.  I roughed up the brad with some sandpaper to add to the shabby chic look.  :-)
 

 
I made this card for a Heart 2 Heart challenge.  The colors just came together that day and I really enjoyed making this cheery card.
 

 
This is a card I made using painters tape, some sponging, and random stamping.  I think it turned out really pretty.  I'm pretty sure I used CTMH's "Sophia" and "Card Chatter--Birthday" stamp sets here.  :-)
 

 
I made this card for some sort of challenge--but now I can't remember which one.  All I remember is falling in love with this wonderful "Pemberly" paper from CTMH.
 

 
So, if you haven't made a Flower Pot card, I hope you will.  It's really fun and incredibly easy.  I cut all the flowers on the cricut using AP, I'm sure.  Then I sponged them and stamped the dot pattern.  The flower pot is a card base with the fold at the bottom and the sides were glued with tacky tape to make a pocket at the top.
 

 
These purses were made for my very first CTMH gathering.  That was a special day.  Even though I no longer sell CTMH--I'm strictly a hobbiest--I will always remember the excitement and joy of getting together with that group of ladies.  :-)
 

 
Simple scallop flowers made from fan-folded scallop circle punches.  It was fun to create a partial view of the flowers on the sides.
 

 
I think this was a Mojo Monday sketch.  Boy did I have fun using the canvas buttons for the first time.  That CTMH paper was so pretty, too...
 

 
 
I cannot remember what stamp set of CTMH's that this heart came from.  Maybe it was a Stamp of the Month?  It was fun to repeat it with different colors--then cut out two squares and stamp the paper underneath.
 



 
And my final picture for this post is of a thank you card to one of the greatest teachers on the planet: Mrs. Alissa Brown.  My daughter thrived and blossomed under her gentle guidance and remarkable teaching skills.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Spring Break!  :-)
Blessings,
Brenda

3 comments:

Lynn said...

What a fun post. Great projects going down memory lane. I love that Thanks card at the end.

tjhubner said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful post. Your work is remarkable and I enjoyed looking at each and everyone of them. Thanks for sharing all these cards with us. Hugs Mom

Miriam Prantner said...

Great post! Hope you are enjoying your vacation and crafty time. I recognize some of my favorites of your projects here. Your work is so lovely and always perfectly executed!